[postgis-users] Mapguide and PostGis - Using Filters

Mateusz Loskot mateusz at loskot.net
Fri Jun 8 10:29:13 PDT 2007

Scott, Brian wrote:
> Hello friends -
>
> We have an Enterprise MapGuide installation up and running on top of
> a Postgres database.  However, we really need to apply filters to
> layers; and nothing we try seems to work.  From within the Mapguide
> environment if we ask it to apply a filter to the layer, we get no
> points back.  We have confidence that the data contains points that
> match the criteria.  If we remove the filter, the entire layer shows
> up fine.  We get identical behavior attempting to create layers on
> the fly via php API calls.  The layer does get created, but applying
> any filter causes it to return no points.  Null out the filter
> definition, and the enire layer returns.

Brian,

What FDO provider do you use to access PostGIS database?
There are two solutions: OGR and native PostGIS provider.
The latter is in pre-1.0 version currently being tested,
so if you're using this native FDO PostGIS provider
I'm strongly interested in solving this issue if it does not work for you.

> Has anyone out there succesfully applied a filter to Postgis data
> using the Mapguide product?  If so, can you let me in on the secret?
> Any insight is appreciated!

I'f not played with OGR provider a lot but I confirm that I tested
filters in the native FDO PostGIS provider with success.
Obviously, it's possible there are places which do not work well yet.

Cheers
--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net