[postgis-users] Combined Windows version of PostGIS/P-LR

Mike Leahy mgleahy at alumni.uwaterloo.ca
Fri Jun 15 15:16:25 PDT 2007

David/Jan:

Although PostGIS and PL/R can be complimentary tools, I think a separate
installer (for now at least) would make the most sense for PL/R.  At
least that way there is still the option for other users to install PL/R
without PostGIS, and vice-versa.

At the same time, however, I can see how a including PL/R as an option
in the PostGIS installer could be useful - particularly if a set of
pre-defined functions were included with the setup that made use of PL/R
for spatial statistical operations within PostGIS. But this might get a
bit complicated, considering the requirements involved (e.g., having R
installed, as well as packages installed in R - such as deldir for
making voronoi polygons).

Mike