[postgis-users] Combined Windows version of PostGIS/P-LR

Jan Hartmann j.l.h.hartmann at uva.nl
Sat Jun 16 00:32:08 PDT 2007

I agree. A separate installer for PL/R would be the first thing to
create. Am I right that that would not be very difficult? After that,
though, I would very much like to have a *combined* version, with PL/R
and PostGIS both enabled. I am not sure how difficult that would be,
but, as I said, it would be a marvelous example of Open Source software
cooperation. The additional packages Mike mentioned don't have to be
installed prior to installing PL/R; you can install them in the regular
way in R (R INSTALL), and an existing PostgreSQL database with PL/R will
recognise them after a restart.

BTW: deldir was a major reason for me to experimnt with a combined
version: the power of voronoi diagrams in a PostGIS database!

Jan