[postgis-users] Mezogis is closing when using a database

"Daniela Stärke" daniela.staerke at gmx.de
Wed Jun 20 00:21:00 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I have some problems with MezoGIS.

I have installed MezoGIS on my Suse Linux 10 computer with all the other requirements (like GeoTypes, psycopg, Pycairo, python, PyGTK and of course PostgreSQL and PostGIS).
I created a database with geodata.

When I want to start the database with MezoGIS, the program closes and on the shell I get the following Message:

/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mezoGISlib/_guiwindows.py:80: GtkWarning: gdk_colormap_get_screen: assertion `GDK_IS_COLORMAP (cmap)' failed
  CursorCollection.xpm["hand-open"])
/usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mezoGISlib/_guiwindows.py:80: GtkWarning: gdk_colormap_get_visual: assertion `GDK_IS_COLORMAP (colormap)' failed
  CursorCollection.xpm["hand-open"])
Segmentation fault

Does this mean, that I might have to change something in the code of Mezogis???

The log-file just prints this:

LOG:  statement: SELECT * FROM "public"."world"
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM "public"."world"
LOG:  duration: 105.229 ms
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM "public"."world"
LOG:  duration: 105.229 ms  statement: SELECT * FROM "public"."world"
STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM "public"."world"
LOG:  statement: END
STATEMENT:  END
LOG:  duration: 0.080 ms
STATEMENT:  END
LOG:  duration: 0.080 ms  statement: END
STATEMENT:  END
LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
LOG:  disconnection: session time: 0:00:06.76 user=testuser database=newGEO host=localhost port=41081
DEBUG:  server process (PID 18747) exited with exit code 0

Everytime when I want to start Mezogis with a database it crashes down. Its so annoying, because I need to work with this db, but without I have a big,  big problem.

I must say that I am a newbie with Linux. And I am only able to use Mezogis and the DB just per secure shell.

Is there anybody, who could help me???

Thank you in advance for your help.

Daniela