[postgis-users] Mezogis is closing when using a database

Pedro Doria Meunier pdoria at netmadeira.com
Wed Jun 20 06:39:44 PDT 2007

Hello Daniela,
This doesn't seem like a problem with MezoGIS but rather with an
outdated wxGTK...
Try download the latest from http://www.wxwidgets.org/ and
compile/install it in your system.
Remember to firstly uninstall the previous wxGTK ;-)

Kind regards,
Pedro Doria Meunier

Daniela Stärke wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I have some problems with MezoGIS.
>
> I have installed MezoGIS on my Suse Linux 10 computer with all the
other requirements (like GeoTypes, psycopg, Pycairo, python, PyGTK and
of course PostgreSQL and PostGIS).
> I created a database with geodata.
>
> When I want to start the database with MezoGIS, the program closes and
on the shell I get the following Message:

> /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mezoGISlib/_guiwindows.py:80:
GtkWarning: gdk_colormap_get_screen: assertion `GDK_IS_COLORMAP (cmap)'
failed
>   CursorCollection.xpm["hand-open"])
> /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages/mezoGISlib/_guiwindows.py:80:
GtkWarning: gdk_colormap_get_visual: assertion `GDK_IS_COLORMAP
(colormap)' failed
>   CursorCollection.xpm["hand-open"])
> Segmentation fault
>

> Does this mean, that I might have to change something in the code of
Mezogis???

> The log-file just prints this:
>

> LOG:  statement: SELECT * FROM "public"."world"
> STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM "public"."world"
> LOG:  duration: 105.229 ms
> STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM "public"."world"
> LOG:  duration: 105.229 ms  statement: SELECT * FROM "public"."world"
> STATEMENT:  SELECT * FROM "public"."world"
> LOG:  statement: END
> STATEMENT:  END
> LOG:  duration: 0.080 ms
> STATEMENT:  END
> LOG:  duration: 0.080 ms  statement: END
> STATEMENT:  END
> LOG:  unexpected EOF on client connection
> LOG:  disconnection: session time: 0:00:06.76 user=testuser
database=newGEO host=localhost port=41081
> DEBUG:  server process (PID 18747) exited with exit code 0
>

> Everytime when I want to start Mezogis with a database it crashes down.
Its so annoying, because I need to work with this db, but without I have
a big,  big problem.

> I must say that I am a newbie with Linux. And I am only able to use
Mezogis and the DB just per secure shell.