[postgis-users] PostGIS SRID pb when insert feature through WFSv1.1 Geoserver

Nicolas Ribot nicky666 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 07:08:25 PDT 2007

> hi all,
>
> Sorry for cross posting, i don't know if it is a geoserver (geotools)
> problem or a postGIS configuration one.
>
> I have this exception when trying to insert feature in PostGIS through
> WFS V1.1 Geoserver 1.6
>
> 27 juin 15:01:05 ERROR [data.jdbc] - SQL Exception writing geometry
> columnERREUR: La nouvelle ligne pour la relation «ice_geom» viole la
> contrainte de vérification «enforce_srid_ice_polygon»
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERREUR: La nouvelle ligne pour la
> relation «ice_geom» viole la contrainte de vérification
> «enforce_srid_ice_polygon»
>         at

Hi Sebastien

It seems there is a difference between the ice_polygon SRiD in postgis
and the one sent by the WFS query.
In geoserver, is ice_geom layer configured with the same SRID as
ice_geom table in postgis ?
WFS refers to EPSG:4326 for the ice_geom layer.

what's the output of the following query:

select srid(the_geom) from ice_geom;

Nicolas