[postgis-users] Re: TIGER geocoder question

Marvin delphet at gmail.com
Thu Jun 28 20:22:55 PDT 2007

Stephen,

I think it would be great if you can post a complete set of scripts/files
that you used to create TIGER Geocoder. It is a very handy tool but lacks
some maintenance, IMHO.

BTW, it seems that there are some inconsistency in your script to create
"tiger_geocode_roads". Tables "state_lookup", "countysub_lookup", and
"place_lookup" were used in the script with some fields that didn't exist
when those tables were created (such as "st_code", "co_code", and
"cs_code"). I guess those fields refer to corresponding FIPS codes, am I
right? Also, table "county_lookup" was not created in the script that came
with the geocoder. I assume that it includes FIPS codes for states and
counties. Please let me know if I'm on the right track.

Thanks.