[postgis-users] simplify

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Mar 1 14:09:08 PST 2007

The units for Simplify() are the units of the data, so yes, if you
Simplify() decimal degrees data, you'll want to supply a decimal degrees
tolerance.

That said, DO NOT use Simplify() on decimal degrees data unless you live
on the equator.  The difference in scale horizontally and vertically in
more northerly areas will result in "odd" simplifications when in
decimal degrees.

Paul

--

   Paul Ramsey