[postgis-users] simplify

Stephen Crawford src176 at psu.edu
Thu Mar 1 14:21:05 PST 2007

OK, I lied about the "last question for today" thing:

I understand about simplifying on decimal degrees data, but I really want to
keep the data in WGS84 and then reproject in Geoserver as needed.  To
simplify, should I first Transform() to, say, Mercator, then Simplify(),
then transform back to WGS84? That seems like ti would be the same problem.
And most other projections are not appropriate for such a large area....my
data are for the entire Western Hemisphere.

Thanks,
Steve