[postgis-users] Hard upgrade questions in WIN

Robert Coup robert.coup at onetrackmind.co.nz
Tue Mar 27 15:36:06 PDT 2007

Jonathan Aguero wrote:

> I work in the localhost and I don’t need the pg server on-line all the
> time so I think the easiest way to upgrade is to dump the database,
> uninstall postgis and pg, install pg 8.2 and the technology preview of
> postgis 1.2.1 and then run the postgis_restore.pl. Am I right with my
> approach?
>
> Now, this bring my other question: can I run the postgis_restore.pl
> script in windows? It seems like it is a LINUX script (sh) so I don’t
> know. If not, what should I do?

Tip: do a dump of the old db in plain text - just in case it all doesn't
work out. In a worst-case you can strip all the Postgis
function/operator/etc definitions out in an editor then restore it into
a DB you've set up with the new postgis.

Rob :)

--
One Track Mind Ltd.
PO Box 1604, Shortland St, Auckland, New Zealand