[postgis-users] Hard upgrade questions in WIN

Jonathan Aguero jua130 at psu.edu
Tue Mar 27 14:28:29 PDT 2007

Dear listers,

I am planning to upgrade from pg8.0.3 and postgis 1.0.4 to pg 8.2 and
postgis 1.2.1 using the technology preview posted in the postgis webpage but
before doing it I want some expert opinion. Note that I intent to upgrade
both pg and postgis so it might be more difficult than what it is described
at the postgis manual. By the way, I read the postgis manual and I think the
hard upgrade is not difficult but still have some questions.

I work in the localhost and I don't need the pg server on-line all the time
so I think the easiest way to upgrade is to dump the database, uninstall
postgis and pg, install pg 8.2 and the technology preview of postgis 1.2.1
and then run the postgis_restore.pl. Am I right with my approach?

Now, this bring my other question: can I run the postgis_restore.pl script
in windows? It seems like it is a LINUX script (sh) so I don't know. If not,
what should I do?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Jonathan Aguero Valverde

Research Assistant and Ph.D. Candidate

Pennsylvania State University

The Pennsylvania Transportation Institute

201 Transportation Research Building

University Park, PA 16802

www.personal.psu.edu/jua130