[postgis-users] Area()

Dylan Lorimer edylan at google.com
Tue Mar 27 12:52:44 PDT 2007

Beautiful...that's what I figured. thanks much for the swift reply!

On 3/27/07, Obe, Regina <robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov> wrote:

>  The unit of measurement is in the units of your spatial reference system
> defined by your SRID.  So lets say your spatial ref is in NAD 83 meters,
> then your area would be in square meters.

E. Dylan Lorimer | Google Earth Enterprise
650.253.2459 (O) | 415.690.3347 (M) | 650.644.0182 (F)

This email and the information it contains are confidential and may be
privileged. If you have received this email in error please notify me
immediately and do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to
any other person.  Internet communications are not secure and, therefore,
Google does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message
as it has been transmitted over a public network. If you suspect the message
may have been intercepted or amended please call me.