[postgis-users] Creating linestringM geometries

Jonathan Aguero jua130 at psu.edu
Thu Mar 29 06:28:24 PDT 2007

Dear listers,

I got a road shape file with linestring geometries and I want to test the
linear referencing functions included recently in postgis, particularly
locate_along_measure and locate_between_measures. The shape table has a
column for the beginning-of-segment measure and a column for end-of-segment
measure and I was wondering if there is a way to create linestringM
geometries from linestring geometries and those variables using postgis.
Another related question is if the shp2pgsql would be able to detect
linestringM geometries in a shape and create a postgis table with them.

Thanks.

Jonathan Aguero Valverde

Research Assistant and Ph.D. Candidate

Pennsylvania State University

The Pennsylvania Transportation Institute

201 Transportation Research Building

University Park, PA 16802

www.personal.psu.edu/jua130