[postgis-users] Creating an ID field in a view

Jose Gomez-Dans jgomezdans at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 08:15:52 PDT 2007

Hi!
Beginner's warning :)

I am tryingn to create a view which is the result of I  a
GeometryUnion betwen polygon tables. Hopefully, I will get a lot of
split entries. If I then want to represent the results using QGIS (and
for my own purposes), I need to create an unique field per feature. Is
there some function which will add this field and populate it
accordingly? I am not interested in its value, only in the fact that
it has to be unique for each feature in the view.

Can anyone shed any light? I have gone through the documentation, but
I haven't actually seen anything which seems related.

Many thanks,
jose