[postgis-users] Re: [postgis-devel] Several R-Trees

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Thu Mar 29 06:33:27 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 10:22 -0300, Leticia wrote:
> Sorry, I made a typo error. I am using the "&&" operator and I have run the
> VACUUM ANALYZE over the two tables, prior to query the plan.
>
> Could you help me?
> Thanks a lot,
> Leticia

Hi Leticia,

Well the question is more about whether the query returns fast enough
for your application - for example, PostgreSQL will favour sequential
scans over index scans while table sizes are small.

If you do find the speed is slower than you need/expect, you'll have to
post the complete output of EXPLAIN ANALYZE for your query in order to
help determine whether the query can be optimised or not.

Kind regards,

Mark.