[postgis-users] Re: function to convert meters into degrees without reprojections

Galen galen at shackprices.com
Sat Mar 31 14:15:53 PDT 2007

Brent, can you offer a projection newbie any advice on how to create a
'custom equal-area projection for my part  of the world?'

Thanks,
Galen

I've generated millions of buffers on lines & points stored in EPSG:4326 by
(from memory) something like:

update <table> set buffer_geom=
 transform(buffer(transform(geom,27201),<dist>,<n>),4326)

where 27201 is a custom equal-area projection for my part of the world & you
can set the required dist & n values for buffer to meet your requirements.