[postgis-users] invalid polygons: error type in query results

Ted Scharff ted at urbanmapping.com
Wed May 2 17:01:09 PDT 2007

Hello, list.

I would like to review geometries in my database where the isvalid()
function returns false.

It seems there are multiple types of invalid geometries (Nested Shells,
Self-Intersections, etc>) that are reported as Notice messages.  Is
there any way to get the output of those error messages to appear as a
column in my query results (or access the error types in some other way
as a PostGIS function)?  I would really like to be able to sort those
results by the type of invalid geometry.

Thanks!

Ted.

--
Ted Scharff  ::  Urban Mapping, Inc ::  blog.urbanmapping.com
690 Fifth Street  Suite 200  ::  San Francisco CA  94107