[postgis-users] PostGIS 2.0 Wishlist

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Wed May 9 09:09:40 PDT 2007

You are correct, the request was for geodetic support, not geocentric
support, and that support requires:

- Operations on a spher(oid)
- Indexes for a spher(oid)

Neither of which are currently available (except for distance_sphere and
distance_spheriod).  It's fiddly stuff, and implies a fair amount of
duplication with the existing cartesian support, that is, touching a lot
of the code base, so it's not a small project.

--

   Paul Ramsey
   Refractions Research
   pramsey at refractions.net