[postgis-users] installation problem

Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov Doug_Newcomb at fws.gov
Wed May 9 14:41:27 PDT 2007

Vamsee,

/etc is a system configuration directory on unix and unix-like systems,
that generally does not allow non-root access.

Doug
'
Doug Newcomb
USFWS
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 doug_newcomb at fws.gov

The opinions I express are my own and are not representative of the
official policy of the U.S.Fish and Wildlife Service or Dept. of Interior.
I left my signature file in /dev/null

             "vamsee movva"
             <vamseejump at gmail
             Sent by:                  "PostGIS Users Discussion"
             postgis-users-bou         <postgis-users at postgis.refractions.
             nces at postgis.refr         net>
             actions.net                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             05/09/2007 04:06          [postgis-users] installation
             PM                        problem

             Please respond to
               PostGIS Users
                Discussion
             <postgis-users at po
             stgis.refractions
                   .net>

HI
I am trying to install Postgis1.2.1 on SGI 64-bit machine.
I am installing in my home directory. ( i don't have root privileges).
I am getting the following error:

cp profile /etc/default/postgis
cp: cannot create regular file `/etc/default/postgis': Permission denied
make[1]: *** [install] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `User Directory'
/postgis-1.2.1/extras/template_gis'
make: *** [templategis-install] Error 2

could you please help me.

Thanks