[postgis-users] Creating an ellipse area ?

Bruce Rindahl rindahl at lrcwe.com
Fri May 18 07:54:25 PDT 2007

Flavio
The ellipse is approximated by a series of line seqments.  The last
parameter is number of segments in one quarter of the ellipse.  See the
documentation of buffer.  The default is 8,  you shouldn't need anything
more than about 16 - 100 is way too much.
>From your query the radius of the ellipses are 0.010 (rx) and 0.005 (ry).  I
don't know what units you are using but if this is what you need it should
work.  Note that a.direction should be in radians
Bruce