[postgis-users] WKT parsers

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Sat May 19 02:16:36 PDT 2007

The only downside to the other formats aside from the WKB one is that PostGIS doesn't have comparable write back functions for those as we have for WKT (GeomFromText etc.).

But that's on our 2.0 wishlist for KML and GML at anyrate.  If we were to have an AsJSON it would be nice to have a comparable write back for that, although not sure if that is entirely necessary.

Thanks,
Regina