[postgis-users] LWGEOM_gist_joinsel called with arguments that are not column references

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at ilande.co.uk
Mon May 28 07:49:10 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-23 at 10:46 +0200, Flavio Perri wrote:

> Thanks for the answer, Mark. That NOTICE is very annoying. How can I delete
> it? And also, if I want all lines "inside" the ellipse, is it the "&&
> operator condition" enough?

Yeah, it could make the logs a bit noisy if all your queries are of this
form. I'd be tempted to reduce the level from NOTICE to DEBUG but any
changes will require that you change the source. The && will use the
index where possible to quickly eliminate all geometries where the
bounding boxes do not overlap, so it should be ok - you may also be able
to use @ or ~ if your lines are completely within the ellipse rather
than just passing through it.

Kind regards,

Mark.