[postgis-users] use of the affine() function

Dylan Beaudette dylan.beaudette at gmail.com
Mon May 28 13:27:25 PDT 2007

I have a problematic TIGER  module - i.e. a single county in Ca is really
messed up. I thought that a simple translate() would do the job, but it looks
like there is both a translation and rotation involved. I do not really
understand the postgis manual entry for the affine function.

How would one go about converting a series of coordinate pairs ([good], [bad])
into the terms of the affine transform matrix?

thanks,

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis