[postgis-users] Intersect?

Stephen Crawford src176 at psu.edu
Tue May 29 12:51:17 PDT 2007

Hi All,

I have a query where I'm trying to get all the features in table 1 that are
intersected by a feature in table 2:

SELECT t1.id, t1.name from t1, t2
	WHERE t1.the_geom && t2.the_geom
	AND intersects(t1.the_geom,t2.the_geom)
	AND t2.id = 'S';

This gives me more than I want, in the sense that it returns the features
"outside" of the feature of choice that share a border.  What I really want
are just those features that are "partially contained by".....features that
share more than just a border.  It looks like
Relate(geom,geom,intersectionPatternMatrix) might be what I'm looking for,
but I have no idea what "intersectionPatternMatrix" means.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Steve

Stephen Crawford