[postgis-users] is update privilige related to select?

Guido Lemoine guido.lemoine at jrc.it
Mon Nov 5 04:57:26 PST 2007

Try grant the select right and see if your problem goes away.
If yes, you have confirmed that you did something useless...

GL

Milo van der Linden wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> I have a construction where a central table is updated based upon user
> action in a specific user table.
>
> When the user updates a record in his own table, a trigger is fired
> that updated the central table with an insert .... where ogc_fid = x
> statement.
>
> I keep getting a "permission denied" error, even tough I granted the
> user INSERT and UPDATE priviliges. Is it because the user has no
> SELECT rights that the insert where fails? I don't want to give the
> user select rights, because this would make my entire construction
> useless!
>
> Any idea is appreciated!
> --
>

> Milo van der Linden
> skype: milovanderlinden <skype:milovanderlinden?add>
> mlinden at zeelandnet.nl <mailto:mlinden at zeelandnet.nl>
> milovanderlinden at gmail.com <mailto:milovanderlinden at gmail.com>
> milo at 3dsite.nl <mailto:milo at 3dsite.nl>
> http://www.3dsite.nl
>

> De informatie in dit bericht reflecteert mijn persoonlijke mening en
> niet die van een bedrijf of instantie. Aan de informatie kunnen geen
> rechten worden ontleend. Indien dit bericht onderdeel is van een
> forum, mailing-list of community dan gelden automatisch de bij het
> betreffende medium behorende voorwaarden. The information in this
> message reflects my personal opinion and not that of a company or
> public body. All rights reserved.If this message is contained in a
> mailing-list or community, the rights on the medium are automatically
> adapted.

Guido Lemoine
Joint Research Centre, European Commission
Institute for the Protection and Security of the Citizen (IPSC)
Unit: Support to External Security
Via E. Fermi, 1 TP 267 Ispra 21020 (VA), Italy
Tel. +39 0332 786239 (direct line) Fax. +39 0332 785154
WWW: http://ses.jrc.it
Disclaimer:
Views expressed are those of the individual and do not represent
the views of the European Commission