[postgis-users] is update privilige related to select?

Milo van der Linden mlinden at zeelandnet.nl
Mon Nov 5 07:14:41 PST 2007

Hello list!

Thanks Guido en Chander for taking the time to respond!

I decided to take Chander's approach, on first hand everything works
good! I had to do some redesign on my function, but now all works well!

It looked as if something went wrong with passing keys, but it had to do
with using old. on an insert statement. The error code was a bit cryptic
from the client application, but I did it!

What I have now is a postGres database where users connect to their own
tables with qGIS (yes, a GIS application capable of editing postGIS data
directly); create and update parcels with full history recording and
updating a central table!

Thank you both!

Kind regards,

Milo van der Linden