[postgis-users] GEOS union() error

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Wed Nov 7 07:01:14 PST 2007

Well I've never seen that particular error before.  Usually if I need to
bump up memsize, it explicitly says its "OUT OF MEMORY"

The specific error sounds like its trying to write to a non-existent
address space or space already in use.  Not quite sure what would cause
that.

Does it work if you limit your buffering to something like below?

SELECT buffer(collect(the_geom), 400) as the_geom
FROM (SELECT the_geom from main limit 10) As newmain

Hope that helps,
Regina