[postgis-users] GEOS union() error

Lee Keel lee.keel at uai.com
Wed Nov 7 09:03:10 PST 2007

Kevin,

Thanks for that insight!  I have been looking for something like those
explanations for a while.  The good news is that they fixed the ability to
do the collect on the whole table, but the bad news is that they still did
not fix the St9bad_alloc error.  My settings are below.  I tried to bump the
shared_buffers up more and couldn't get the service to start.  Also couldn't
get the service to start if enabled temp_buffers.  But as you stated, I
don't think temp_buffers is going to help me here because I am not using
temp tables.

shared_buffers = 1200MB			# min 128kB or max_connections*16kB
#temp_buffers = 16MB			# min 800kB
work_mem = 150MB				# min 64kB
maintenance_work_mem = 250MB		# min 1MB

Any more ideas?

-LK

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail.