[postgis-users] Open Source GIS System

Jason Birch Jason.Birch at nanaimo.ca
Thu Nov 8 12:49:00 PST 2007

Have you seen the dynamic routing that Christopher Schmidt has done with
OpenLayers?

http://crschmidt.net/blog/archives/268/openlayers-routing-with-a-little-
help-from-my-friends/

It's pretty cool.  Much of the routing work could be done for you by
using this code (assuming that Chris is sharing).  I think that in
either case the network has to be pre-calculated though, so on-the-fly
addition of road blocks and the like may not be technically possible.

Jason

________________________________

From: Matthew Pulis
Subject: [postgis-users] Open Source GIS System

I am preparing to build up a GIS system as part of my University Masters
Thesis. My final aim is to build a system where the user inputs (or via
GPS) inputs the location where he is and the location where he want to
go and gets the route planned. My main concern will be that the driver
can decide which route to take, if the shortest distance, least time
consuming or else least fuel consumption. Also the route planned has to
be aware of certain problems that the network can find, for example road
blocks, or some other type of incidents / accidents.