[postgis-users] Open Source GIS System

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Thu Nov 8 14:42:31 PST 2007

This is interesting. Why do you have to reprocess the whole network? I
would think that you could just mark a segment as be temporarily blocked
and then structure your Dijkstra algorithm to look for the blocked flag
and terminate progress at that point.

Of course this assumes that the code is designed to handle this in the
first place. The blocks do not even have to be in the network data,
although that is probably the most efficient way to organize it, it
presents problems if you have multiple thread solving different problems
using the same base network.

-Steve