[postgis-users] Help with Geography's Coordinates

Chris Hermansen chris.hermansen at timberline.ca
Wed Nov 14 22:11:27 PST 2007

Estimado Marco;

You may be able to use ogr2ogr to convert from your longitude and
latitude into some type of projected coordinate system like UTM.

What exactly does your data look like?  Is it ASCII points, or...?

I find the documentation for ogr2ogr to be a bit challenging.  You will
need to read it carefully and you will also need a basic understanding
of spatial data formats and geographic projections.

Since this isn't really about PostGIS - I think :-) - if you want to
write directly to me I can try to help you out a bit more, en inglés o
castellano.