[postgis-users] Raster data

Christian Schwartze christian.schwartze at uni-jena.de
Wed Nov 28 14:19:56 PST 2007

Please look for some keywords in the postgres docs, especially "bytea"
and "toast" for general binary data storage. You have to write your own
handling mechanism and application around it. The article

http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-users/2006-October/013577.html

illustrates some good advices. A clever chosen exchange format such
GeoTiff is a good starting point for an application.

Regards,
Christian.