[postgis-users] State of the postgis hibernate union?

Per-Olof Norén pelle at alma.nu
Sun Oct 7 10:26:40 PDT 2007

Hi guys,

Sorry for cross posting, I'm new to the lists and not sure on where this
belongs.

I'm currently involved in a project with GIS functionality.
Architecture is roughly like this:
* Apache Tomcat
* Wicket 1.3 / Geoserver 1.6
* Hibernate
* PostgreSQL 8.2 + PostGIS 1.2.1
We're using maven2 as build system for all this.

Currently I'm looking to set up EJB persistence for domain beans
containing persistence. Using hibernate annotations.

1. Maven repository for the postgis jar
I found this:
http://postgis.refractions.net/pipermail/postgis-devel/2006-November/002375.html
And it seems perfect, had it only been updated to latest and greatest
version.
Are there any plans for an updated driver?

2. EJB and hibernate UserTypes
I found EJB3 code in the postgis driver source, contributed by norman baker.
I found http://www.hibernatespatial.org/ , which seems to fit.
I found http://www.foss4g2007.org/presentations/view.php?abstract_id=118
To bad I missed foss4g...

Seems to me all of the above do the same thing as I want.
I'm interested in the direction / roadmap for the postGIS EJB3 development.
Which should I use, according to the postGIS community?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance
Per-Olof Norén