[postgis-users] State of the postgis hibernate union?

Norman Barker nbarker at ittvis.com
Sun Oct 7 19:32:00 PDT 2007

hi,

when i first wrote the postgis driver it was just an experiment to see if it would work. The code for the usertype is very simple, but it works and there is a tutorial in svn. I am not part of the hibernate spatial project, but they have done the real work and created an application framework - i need to put some of my work in and then i will probably deprecate the code in the ejb folder in postgis unless i hear otherwise.

Though not the place for a framework debate, grails (http://www.grails.org) works really well with hibernate, and it also simple to embed openlayers in a jsp

hth
Norman