[postgis-users] noding problem

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon Oct 29 05:29:14 PDT 2007

P,

So does that mean you can create a more efficent st_dwithin that instead
of doing this

SELECT $1 && ST_Expand($2,$3) AND $2 && ST_Expand($1,$3) AND
ST_Distance($1, $2) < $3

Does this

SELECT $1 && ST_Expand($2,$3) AND $2 && ST_Expand($1,$3) AND
_ST_DWithin($1, $2, $3)

And the new _ST_Dwithin function would do exactly what distance does
except it would return a boolean and kick out a true as soon as it finds
a point set where the distance is < $3; no need to wait to reach 0.