[postgis-users] Fast way of finding comon points

Jason R. Moore bigj at columbus.rr.com
Mon Sep 3 18:54:52 PDT 2007

I would like to know if their is a fast way of finding points common to
two geoms.
What have are the tiger line files in a data base with each county in
it's own table and I have created source and destination columns using
pgdijkstra-0.3 and would like to merge them into one table and update
the source and destination column where the lines inter sect.
Correct me if i am wrong but this should be fairly fast because the
inter sections only occur on county line boundaries which should lend
it's self to some sort of bounding box... I am finding that Implementing
this is not so trivial.

Jason R. Moore