[postgis-users] updating with askml function

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Tue Sep 4 07:13:11 PDT 2007

The asKML function is part of the liblwgeom.dll so you really need to
upgrade postgis to use it.

Probably the easiest way to go is to bite the bullet and upgrade to 1.3
using one of the following windows binaries

http://postgis.refractions.net/download/windows/

and then run the Program
Files\PostgreSQL\8.2\share\contrib\postgis\lwpostgis_upgrade.sql

on your database.

I haven't run into any problems doing that aside from forcing everyone
off the PostgreSQL service before upgrading and the fact that the new
aggregate name functions don't get installed.  This will not effect your
asKML use.

In most cases (unless you are running pre 8.0 and pre 1.0 - its about a
5-10 minute install process).

At anyrate, you should backup your database with pg_dump before hand.

Hope that helps,
Regina