[postgis-users] libiconv problem

Jeff Stubbs jeff at cjstubbs.org
Mon Sep 10 09:04:33 PDT 2007

On Sep 8, 2007, at 2:01 PM, Dave Potts wrote:

>> Check out redo_prebinding or have a look at some off the
>> envronment options listed under dyld( man dyld for details)

Checked out the redo command, error message mentioned that pgsql2shp
wasn't prebound, so it could do nothing.

> Another thought, if you want to know which library a program uses,
> use otool -L

The otool was how I discovered that dependency was outside the /opt
directory. I managed hack the loader's Makefile to switch to
MacPort's libiconv by changing from this:

ifeq ($(USE_ICONV),1)
	override CFLAGS += -DUSE_ICONV
	override LDFLAGS += $(ICONV_LDFLAGS)
endif

TO this:
ifeq ($(USE_ICONV),1)
	override CFLAGS += -I/opt/local/include/
	override LDFLAGS += -L/opt/local/lib/ -liconv
endif

Then otool -L reports this:

apollo:~ jeff$ otool -L /opt/local/bin/pgsql2shp
/opt/local/bin/pgsql2shp:
         /opt/local/lib/libiconv.2.dylib (compatibility version
7.0.0, current version 7.0.0)
         /opt/local/lib/postgresql82/libpq.5.dylib (compatibility
version 5.0.0, current version 5.0.0)
         /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0,
current version 88.1.10)

Now the question is, did I need to change the override CFLAGS
directive? I'll change it back this evening and try to rebuild it.

Thanks,
Jeff