[postgis-users] postGIS install question- user permissions not accepted by the DB

brooks.glenn at comcast.net brooks.glenn at comcast.net
Mon Sep 10 10:47:15 PDT 2007

Hi,

Sorry to bug you all with a simple question.

I have tried to re-install postgis into my postgres directory,( Window XP
machine, Postgres 8x) but during the install routine I get the following error
message:

"Could not connect to database postgres  Password authentication failed for user
postgres"

I previously uninstalled postgis and postgres because of an unrelated problem
with another app and am now trying to reinstall functionality to use it with my
GIS data and mapserver.

Can you advise me what to do?

thanks

Glenn Brooks