[postgis-users] (no postgis installed in postgis_reg)

Federico De Pieri federico at dpastudio.com
Wed Sep 12 08:44:54 PDT 2007

Hi everybody,
I still try to install PostGis but when I type make check  I have this
ERROR :
ERROR:  function postgis_lib_version() does not exist
LINE 1: select postgis_lib_version()
              ^
HINT:  No function matches the given name and argument types. You may
need to add explicit type casts.

Something went wrong (no postgis installed in postgis_reg).
For details, check /tmp/pgis_reg_13863/regress_log

make[1]: *** [test] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/usr/local/src/postgresql-8.2.4/contrib/postgis-1.3.1/regress'
make: *** [check] Error 2

and this is the regress_log:
"CREATE DATABASE
BEGIN
psql:lwpostgis.sql:44: NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
psql:lwpostgis.sql:44: ERROR:  could not load library
"/usr/local/src/postgresql-8.2.4/contrib/postgis-1.3.1/lwgeom/liblwgeom.so.1.3":
libgeos_c.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
psql:lwpostgis.sql:50: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:56: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:62: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:70: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:88: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands
ignored until end of transaction block
[...]
psql:lwpostgis.sql:6444: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:6455: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:6460: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
psql:lwpostgis.sql:6465: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
ROLLBACK"

Can somebody help me?
thanks
federico