[postgis-users] Error "select AddGeometryColumn"

marcus at rump-online.net marcus at rump-online.net
Tue Sep 18 11:33:02 PDT 2007

Hello PostGIS-Users,

I am a new PostGIS-User.

I try to create a geodatabase with following software (OpenJump 1.2 D, PostGIS - PostgreSQL Version 1.6.3).
It was no problem to create my tables in pgAdminIIIQuery like

“create table baeume (bID INT NOT NULL, kurz_bez varchar(30) NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY ( bID );”

but if try to create the geometry column like

“select AddGeometryColumn ( 'baeume', 'geom', -1, 'POINT', 2);”

then I get follwing message.

ERROR: function addgeometrycolumn("unknown", "unknown", integer, "unknown", integer) does not exist SQL Status:42883
Hinweis:No function matches the given name and argument types. You may need to add explicit type casts.
Zeichen:33

It seems that the table or column „baeume” does not exist but if I do

“select * from baeume;“

then the table appear.
What is the problem? Could somebody help me please?

Regards

Marcus