[postgis-users] Auto Complete

Sune Edmund Pedersen sune.edmund.pedersen at grontmij-carlbro.dk
Tue Apr 1 07:18:55 PDT 2008

Hi, for an explanation look at
http://gis.washington.edu/esrm250/lessons/create_f_layers/exercise/index.htm
l and search for auto-complete

On PostGIS we normally implement the functionality in an auto-clip function
in either the service layer of the web-application or in the database. It is
a rule about "no overlap" you would want to enforce on a layer/feature type
independently of the client.

However in some cases it a nice functionality when creating adjacent
features. In SpatialEdit we have implemented it a little different as you
can clip a feature with any other feature. It does not provide the same
degree of automation, but allows you to clip with any feature from any layer
outside the concept of Map Topology.

Best regards
Sune Edmund Pedersen
http://www.spatialedit.com