[postgis-users] TIGER/Line Shapefiles released

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Thu Apr 3 18:01:09 PDT 2008

* Stephen Woodbridge (woodbri at swoodbridge.com) wrote:
> Yes, it would be ideal if it was handled by shp2pgsql but have you
> looked at:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=dbf2pgsql&btnG=Search
> http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=dbf2psql&btnG=Search
> http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&newwindow=1&safe=off&q=dbf2sql&btnG=Search
>
> some of these might be helpful.

Just fyi, my script uses dbview from the, conveniantly named, dbview
Debian package.  It works quite well for me.  Not that I'd be against
having that functionality in shp2pgsql, it's certainly be useful.

First I'd like to see an option to add the primary key *after* the data
is loaded though.

	Thanks,

		Stephen