[postgis-users] Reprojecting a postgis layer

Marcus C. England marcuscengland at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 16:57:44 PDT 2008

Hi all,

I have spent the last three hours trying to find a plain-English
description of how you change the projection of a PostGIS layer, and I
am now giving up. I have found quite a few questions about this on the
internet, but not a single answer that allows for a newbie to SQL. Every
answers states something like "transform (arguments)"... what arguments?

So, here it goes. I have a layer called "california_counties". The
layer's current SRID is correctly set at 3309. I want to transform the
layer into SRID 26911. How do I do that? It seems it should be so simple.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Marcus