[postgis-users] Proper Installation of Postgres and Postgis on 10.5 Intel

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at grid.unep.ch
Thu Apr 10 13:23:18 PDT 2008

Cheers William,

thanks for your engagement!

I sent you an email a couple of days ago, which showed the same
problems as we had before. Generally, I would say that it always comes
down to the same thing: The postgres server craches when importing/
restoring dumped  tables with geometries.

It just comes to my mind, that, perhaps, it's not a problem of
postgres/postgis installation, but a problem of the tables within the
(old) database, which i try to import?! I should try (tomorrow) to
import a couple of "known" shapefiles, as the ones delivered with the
ESRI stuff for example...

Thanks for your input guys, I will try, with new motivation, to get my
beast running tomorrow morning...

Stef