[postgis-users] Multipolygons to Polygon

David William Bitner david.bitner at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 12:27:15 PDT 2008

If you are sure that all your polygons are in actuality single polygons (you
can check using numgeometries()) you can just use geometryn(geom,1) to get
the data as single polygon.   Note that you likely have a constraint on your
table that would have to be dropped to run that in an update.

You can always use the "-S" flag in shp2pgsql to bring in geoms as single
geometries when importing too.

David