[postgis-users] (no subject)

RAVI KUMAR ravivundavalli at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 17 20:51:02 PDT 2008

Hi,
nice to find some Indians on this list.
I use post GIS with JUMP. Eagerly await PostGIS to develop tools for Overlay-UNION, Overlay-Intersection for GIS analysis.
They are there but give result not suitable for analysis.

Would you mind giving
Institute / Project you work for.
OpstGIS, which is your preserred front end (Jump. Qgis. GRASS etc)
What kind of GIS, Raster / Vector you do mostly.

Making a data base of Indians using FOSS GIS.

V. Ravi Kumar
Co-Chair Events OSGeo-India
http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/India_Chapter_Report_2007

Priya Sundararajan <priyasundararajan at yahoo.co.in> wrote: Hi,

    Is it  necessary to close the cursor in PLPGSQL ? I didnt close the

  cursor. But still i am able to connect to java and work on it efficiently. But

  the speed of java(using struts) has been decreased. I have created all the

  tables in PLPGSQL using tablespace.  Please respond soon. Thanks in

  advance.

  bye