AW: RE: [postgis-users] Geometrycollection to Multipolygon

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Wed Apr 23 07:49:16 PDT 2008

Regina

Thank you for your response. Mmmm.. your trick doesn't solve my problem.
Perhaps I should tell you why I do have a geometrycollection. My
startingpoint is a sequence of single polygons. My aim is to merge them
together to one multipolygon. I do this with st_collect. This works fine
with two polygons:

st_collect(polygon1,polygon2) => multipolygon(1,2).

When I Process the third polygon with: st_collect(multipolygon(1,2),
polygon3)  => Geometrycollection(multipolygon(1,2),polygon3)

I do get the geomtrycollection and so on.

My main problem is to merge the three polygons into one multipolygon
with 3 geometries.

When I solve this problem I can offer a procedure to clean invalid
geometries.

Regards
Horst

Dr. Horst Düster