AW: Re: AW: RE: [postgis-users] Geometrycollection to Multipolygon

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Wed Apr 23 08:10:20 PDT 2008

Stephen

>and see if you get a multipolygon ot a collection as the result.

A collection is the result of course. The mix of two geometry types is
the one reason, but your idea leeds also to a collection because your
idea tries to collect two multigeometries. I believe it is not possible
to merge multipolygons into one multipolygon like
MULTIPOLYGON(MULTIPOLYGON1, MULTIPOLYGON2,...). This geometry has to be
a collection.

Horst

Dr. Horst Düster
GIS-Koordinator, Stv. Amtschef