[postgis-users] problem to transform coordinates

Obe, Regina robe.dnd at cityofboston.gov
Mon Aug 4 07:20:59 PDT 2008

Felipe Fedel,

Can you send a sample of your data - results of the 2 queries below

SELECT ST_AsText(coord_22523)
FROM coordsformiga limit 2;

-- and result you get when you do
SELECT ST_AsText(ST_Transform(coord_22523, 4326))
FROM coordsformiga limit 2;

Also what does

SELECT postgis_full_version();

give

Only thought I have that could be wrong is your coordinates are not
really 22523 or there is a problem with your proj 4 install. The above
queries should pinpoint that.

Hope that helps,
Regina